Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are doing Lands End to John o'groats in a day.
Hi Everyone. Kitnet are doing a relay to do Lands End to John o'groats in a day & would like all kit car clubs to join us in this venture.

We are planning a route mainly up the motorways as we are on a tight deadline but we are hoping each section will be only 100 miles where there will be hopefully something to do at each stage & you can take a leisurely drive back on a more scenic route.
We are looking for kit cars from all over the uk & are planning to try to involve as many clubs as possible.

We will be doing it on Saturday 23rd June. From Sunrise to Sunset.

Please let me know what you think?
Thanks Colin.
This sounds like an interesting challenge. Do you have a rough planned route?

I'm guessing the main bits will be A30/M5/M6/M74/A9?

In also assuming you're going to have convoys of cars along each leg?
Route is almost done. Yes mainly the route you have said. We do hope to have people at each leg to take over the relay. A meet a great sort of thing. I will post all the stages as soon as we have them all arranged.

Is there anyone interested in this then?
I'm sure some people here would be up for it. I'd potentially be interested in joining in for a leg around the M5/M6 exchange (Birmingham area) running up towards Manchester, depending upon where the leg begins/ends, as it offers some great driving roads back through the Peak District.
Opps really sorry it is sunrise to Sunset. My mistake.
This event is from Sunrise to sunset. my mistake on the original thread.

Moderator Edit: I've fixed it for you Smile
Also potentially interested in the section to the south of Admin's (M5 Glocs/Worcs area to, say, Frankley Services?). Obviously depends on which of the 'winter project' list (which never gets started until March!) is still outstanding and crucial.

Whilst it may be fine for you blokes running fuel efficient Zetecs, Duratecs, R1s/Blades (are bike engines fuel efficient in a BEC?) and the like, could I just point out that 100 miles may well be pushing the limits (and then some) for a Pinto on Webers with a standard tank.

Keep us posted.

Michael.
overdriver Wrote:Also potentially interested in the section to the south of Admin's (M5 Glocs/Worcs area to, say, Frankley Services?). Obviously depends on which of the 'winter project' list (which never gets started until March!) is still outstanding and crucial.

Whilst it may be fine for you blokes running fuel efficient Zetecs, Duratecs, R1s/Blades (are bike engines fuel efficient in a BEC?) and the like, could I just point out that 100 miles may well be pushing the limits (and then some) for a Pinto on Webers with a standard tank.

Keep us posted.

Michael.
It will be good to see you there. Your are not far from where we are based in Bristol. Mine only does about 120 miles per tank. Smile
As some of you know kitnet.uk kit car club are doing a lands end to John o' Groats relay in a day & are hoping for kit car owners all over the UK to join in. We are also starting one at Dover with the hope we meet in the middle to finish off the last bit.
Please have a look at the details & have a think if there are some of the stages you would like to do. Thanks.

Stage 1 from Lands End.
1 = Land's End (05:13),
2 = Exeter services, M5 (07:58),
3 = Gloucester Services, M5 (09:51),
4 = Sandbach services M6 (12:14)

Stage 1 from Dover.
1 = Dover Castle: (05:30),
2 = Birchanger services M11 (07:36),
3 = Grantham North Services, A1 (09:35),
4 = Sandbach services (12:04)

Then both party's leave together
Departure from Sandbach (12:14)

5 = Killington Lake Services M6, LA8 0NW (13:44), departure (13:49)
6 = Cairn Lodge Services off A474M, ML11 0RJ, (15:44) departure (15:49)
7 = Pithochry Fuel station and Bells Whisky, A9, PH16 5LY (17:54) dep. (17:59)
8 = Inverness, Inshes Retail Park, IV2 3TW, A9, (19:50) deparature (19:55)
John o Groats KW1 4YR, Arrive (22:04)

So who would like to do which stage? You can do one or more stages if you wish?
Sorry, I think I'm going to have to give this a miss.

It's a 322 mile round trip for me to do my nearest leg and that is pretty much exclusively using motorways and dual carriageways with nothing "exciting". Assuming no hold ups, that is around 5 hours of motorway driving which really isn't something that I can get too enthusiastic about.