Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger super six
Not a massive amount done mainly due to the weather it has been tucked away in the back of the garage. but I did finally address the bent halfshaft issue.

The big problem was finding a shaft, the Koln came in 2 flavours, big and small wheel bearing 67mm vs 72mm od, and likewise the id differs, the big bearing is also a bit more stout thicker shaft and beefed up flange, however got a friendly man with a lathe to machine the bearing journal down so I could fitted the small bearings, so now I have the thicker big bearing shafts with small bearings and more importantly no wheel wobbles.
Tiger Super6 4AGE throttle bodies, Speeduino
We not updated for a while but things have been happening the last few weeks, not be to long before we have the weather to go and play,

The car is/was running Omex ignition and Dellorto 45s and runs well but i am a big believer that if it aint broke you can still fix it, one of the probs is the engine is over carb'd they have 38mm chokes fitted really the sweet spot for that engine is 34-36mm but they aint cheap at £23 a piece,
So we are going full engine management. which price wise works out the same as buying the chokes for the Dellorto's.

So now she is running Yamaha fzr600 throttle bodies which was a Ebay steal at £15 posted. wasted spark taken care with a VW coil pack (spare I had lying about)
Got the trigger wheel made up at work,
And the engine management is Speeduino I had built up and tuned Megasquirt in the past and its very very simular and a lot cheaper.

I needed some way of mounting the ITBs to the engine I could of put my hand in my pocket and bought a premade one but they are not cheap so made one from 2 lengths of steel from a old towbar and some exhaust from a nova.

Its now at the stage that it starts and revs etc.... still a but more tuning to do but so far happy runs cleaner than the carbs and seems a lot more responsive.

still a ton of jobs to do the Speeduino is hooked up on a temp harness but I am in the middle of making the proper one, still have the swirl pot to fit (homemade again). Going to pull the engine out so i can freshen up the engine bay paint it etc... re-route the brake lines harness etc.... as it looks very cluttered.

Homemade inlet manifold
[img]Attachment_Not_Found[/img] [img]Attachment_Not_Found[/img] [img]Attachment_Not_Found[/img] [img]Attachment_Not_Found[/img] [img]Attachment_Not_Found[/img]
Thats some impressive home fabrication Thumbs Up
spannered Wrote:Thats some impressive home fabrication Thumbs Up

Thank you very much I was quite pleased with the out come not bad for a set of ALDI hole saws and a angle grinder
She is starting to sound a bit rude, still tuning to do accel enrichment etc.... But the exhaust has really nice crack to it now
Eddie78 Wrote:She is starting to sound a bit rude, still tuning to do accel enrichment etc.... But the exhaust has really nice crack to it now
https://youtu.be/Chbo7wr3ydw
https://youtu.be/Chbo7wr3ydw
Love it...
Monster_UK Wrote:Love it...

Thank you very much I enjoy the project side as much as owning the car. Still got loads I want to do to her, still have the injection system/conversion to finish the one job I have been putting of is the wiring I am a Auto Electrician by trade and as result been putting of the job as its not a challenge.

Once the car is up and running again I am planning on giving her a repaint, the gelcoat on the nose is quite tired, want the car to pop a bit more.

For next winter I am planning a power plant swap I do have a Saab turbo lump sitting in the garage looking for a home.
Well work has been continuing in the background just boring stuff really.

With converting the car to injection meant I would need some kind of swirl pot, Either a external one running a twin pump, one for the high pressure for the injection and one to fill the swirl pot I would like to not run that system as more components equal more failure points.

Or option 2 is to run a internal swirl system like OEM systems or a sump system. I opted for the sump system as its relatively easy to do and worst case if it doesnt work I can always fit a external swirl pot.

So I made my own sump system that is welded to the base of the tank, the base of the tank has a 40mm hole, the feed and return are in the sump. I would of liked a deeper sump but I did not want it to project lower than the chassis rails, It is on the left handside of the tank my theory been there are more sustained right handers, roundabouts etc..

all welded up pressure tested to 20psi,
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4810]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)