Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1999 Cat E1
Hi all.

A few months back I saw an advert on eBay for a Cat.
She had been stored for 12 years and not even started during that time.
The previous owner originally won the car in Top Gear magazine and was presented it by Sterling Moss at Stoneleigh in 1999.

She's factory built and came with a fairly standard 2.0 pinto.
After a years ownership the new owner had a Vulcan tuned  2.0 pinto fitted with twin dellortos @ approx 155-160 bhp. The engine alone cost £1300 back then!

She obviously needs a recommission, but is generally in excellent condition. 2 previous owners and 3500 miles.
Still shod with the original tyres.

So far:
New cambelt and wp
Master cylinder
Battery
All hoses
Suspension bushes and track rods
All fluids

She's nearly at the first start up stage. I haven't opened up the engine because it turns by hand so easily.

Here's a pic when she arrived.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You should be putting new tyres on that list as they will be past their sell by date.
Keith Aviemore yet again, was Suffolk again
was Aviemore, Scotland
Was Cotton, Suffolk
Thanks for the tyre advice.

Anyone know the correct colour code for the British racing green that Tiger use in factory? Tiger themselves couldn't help me. I tried a close matching lotus a63 colour but it's too light ....
(21-08-2021, 02:11 PM)RowdyYates Wrote: Thanks for the tyre advice.

Anyone know the correct colour code for the British racing green that Tiger use in factory? Tiger themselves couldn't help me. I tried a close matching lotus a63 colour but it's too light ....

Any decent paint shop will be able to scan your current colour and mix to match, I have used my local shop for paint using there colour scan and its always been spot on.
Tiger Super6 4AGE throttle bodies, Speeduino
A few things to bear in mind when colour matching gel coat:

1) Depending upon the gel coat thickness and colour matching equipment, it's possible a false reading will be generated - the thicker the gel coat sample you can provide, the closer the match will be. This is mainly due to the fact that, with thinner gel coat samples, the light from the equipment can penetrate through to the fibreglass underneath giving a lighter or greener hue as the fibreglass is a very light shade of green.

2) Due to how the light spectrum works, the colour you see in the daylight may be different compared to how it is seen under fluorescent, tungsten or LED lighting. This varies for gel coat versus painted surfaces due to how the pigments are generated and their respective reflective purposes, therefore any comparisons should really be done in daylight, rather than under artificial light.

3) Tiger used several bodywork suppliers and sometimes mixed and matched parts from different suppliers, therefore it is worth getting a colour match using a couple of different panels in case they subtly differ. All my bodywork panels were supplied at the same time. When unwrapping them, one was a noticably different shade to the others in daylight and I ended up getting it swapped out to match the rest of the panels.