Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who uses velocity stacks on ZXR carbs?
Im looking at the Velocity Stack Kit from DanSt engineering to go on my bike carbed pinto:

https://danstengineering.co.uk/Velocity-...rburettors

has anyone fitted velocity stacks to their bike carbs? they seem like a good idea and i like the added benefit of it making fitting some air filters easier, the Ramair CS-901 for instance.

ive also seen some much cheaper stacks on eBay but seems impossible to accurately tell if they would fit!
I use them on my Super6 ran the car with and without, with them engine is more responsive and the intake noise is a lot nicer.

I 3d printed them in PLA and so far (600miles) they have been fine no melting etc.... only cost £1 worth of filament.
Tiger Super6 4AGE throttle bodies, Speeduino
thanks Eddie that sounds great i like the fact that you noticed a real difference, can i ask how you attached them to the carb and how long the stacks were? , also are you using filters?

many of the aftermarket stacks ive seen for sale use 3 little grub screws in the base that are supposed to grip the body of the carb but i cant really see where they would attach on my Mikuni.
I also have a Super 6.
(22-10-2021, 08:56 AM)martin Kol Wrote: thanks Eddie that sounds great i like the fact that you noticed a real difference, can i ask how you attached them to the carb and how long the stacks were? , also are you using filters?

many of the aftermarket stacks ive seen for sale use 3 little grub screws in the base that are supposed to grip the body of the carb but i cant really see where they would attach on my Mikuni.
I also have a Super 6.

I drew them up in tinkercad joined them in pairs and they are a squeeze fit on thats the only method of fastening, in 600miles they havent shifted, length wise they are 80mm based on nothing other than what looked right.

I dont run any filters, the car had never had filters in its life so has spent the last 8000miles eating rocks, butterflys and bubble bees.

Tiger Super6 4AGE throttle bodies, Speeduino
Does anyone else have any thoughts on using stacks and how they were fitted to the carb?
Ive just bought a single one of these to see if i can get a good fit, they seem very reasonably priced..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184956448239

i do have a Pipercross backplate but was hoping to use something a bit different and better looking and less like a giant dead slug lying across the bonnet!